Thursday, April 18, 2013

Boston Bombings

As we all know, on Monday April 15th, 2 bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon killing three and injuring over 150. This act of terror was unacceptable and whoever is responsible will be found and punished accordingly.

Why the Boston Marathon though? Was there any symbolism here that this person was trying to fight? I think not. I think this person was deranged and psychotic and simply had the intent to kill and injure many innocent people.

When I first heard about this event, I didn't think too much about it, but then when I got back to my dorm from class I looked at facebook, watched the news and saw the videos. It was much worse than I thought it was. Then I realized through Facebook, all my friends from high school as well as my family who lives in and around Boston. I didn't know until later that I knew several people running in the marathon. Luckily, they weren't injured or killed.

That same day was the Red Sox "Patriot Day" at Fenway, where it is the only game in the MLB to begin at 11:00 AM. The game was done just before the bombs went off. After that tragic day, Patriot Day has stuck to me. We are all Patriots and we are all defenders of our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment